Sunday 30 December 2012

A New Year, A New Me.

So as we're drawing to the end of the year we often remember the good, bad and the ugly over the last 365 days. For me this year hasn't been my greatest health wise and I'm still battling now. I know that I most likely always will be fighting, but if there's any way that I can get at least some respite, I am determined to find it. Although my health has pretty much dominated me this year, it has been a fab year for other things. I graduated from Uni with a 2:1. I lost weight and am now the smallest I have ever been. I finally managed to secure a contract with work, small but permanent hours nonetheless!

So I thought I would make a list of some of the things I'm hoping to achieve in 2013.



  1. Get my craft on. I really love crafting, especially with textiles but my health doesn't really approve so my hobby has had to take a back seat. I am determined to do more though because it makes me happy. In fact I bought a crochet needle yesterday to inspire myself :)
  2. Start up an online shop. I did attempt to do this in the summer and actually have a couple of things up on Etsy but this has obviously had to be halted and needs publicizing. My Etsy shop.
  3. Become better at photography. I did do a photography module at University for catologuing and documenting historical objects but taking pictures of myself, with my camera seems to be a different ball game altogether! I did however buy a tripod so photos should be slightly improved from here on in!
  4. Apply to do a Masters course. I was actually accepted onto the Conservation of Historial Objects MA course here, but of course my health has taken over and I'm forced to reassess what career path would benefit my health as there is just too much that would deeply affect me if I were to become a conservator. I've decided that a curating roll may be better for me and am currently filling out an application form. I'll be sure to keep people posted on this :)
  5. Read more books. This is always something that I endeavour to do.
  6. See the people that matter to me more often. This can be a difficult one, what with my health being the way it is, but I have found myself being incredibly lonely this year. I want to make the most of the people who are willing to accept me for who I am.
  7. Voluntary work in museums. I haven't done this since 2011 and that is just too long in my opinion. So I will need to rectify this.
  8. Go abroad. I haven't been anywhere since my 21st birthday so it would be nice to travel. However, my boyfriend is doing a 1000km running challenge for charity this year so money will be very tight. To find out more and donate click here.
You should also expect to see changes to my blog. It doesn't look especially professional but I would like to change this soon. :)



2 comments: